Saturday, May 06, 2017

Praise the LORD!

I had been working on pieces to donate to a Christian School in the area that would auction them off in a fundraiser.  I was putting together a package of some 9-10.  After completing number 9, I said to myself "I need one more to finish off the group".  Rather than making an additional doily I pulled out a filet butterfly short runner that I had made some years ago...even before I started the blog and added it to the pile.

The Good Lord had a hand in it, because the butterfly piece ended up in a "bidding war" with two people.  The final bid was $340.00!!!  Can you believe it!

Here's the piece!


In total the 10 pieces brought in $875-900 for the school!

Wonderful day for a good cause!

LindaCrochets

8 comments:

Pammy Sue said...

That is so wonderful, Linda! Wow! And that butterfly piece is amazing.

Betsy said...

Wow! Praise the Lord Indeed! I love to do filet crochet, it's one of my favorites. Your butterfly project is beautiful. Congratulations on a wonderful gift to the school.
Blessings,
Betsy

Joanna said...

śliczna serwetka ! podziwiam zdolności
pozdrawiam serdecznie

Iwona said...

Bardzo ciekawa serweta,pierwszy raz widzę taki wzór,pozdrawiam.

Andy said...

You are wonderful 😀

Kaylene said...

That's wonderful! Your beautiful work has not only helped a Christian school but will be bringing a lot of joy into 10 people's lives.

Preeti said...

Amazing filet work! No wonder it got the highest bid :) Congrats on the great job!

janice15 said...

This is beautiful ...