Saturday, November 30, 2013

Autumn Doily

This doily is "in progress".  I still have to finish the centerpiece which is a small pumpkin and leaves.  I also have to attach the leaves to each individual pumpkin.  The designer said she used hot glue...but I really don't want to use glue on my doilies.  I'm considering using clear sewing thread.   I think it really looks nice even without the centerpiece.  What do you think?  Made with #10 thread using a #10 hook.  Started 11/13/2013.

Thanks for stopping by...

No name for this doily

This pattern was found with my endless surfing for patterns on the web.  I didn't even mark the site where I found it.  Made with #20 Lizbeth thread with a #12 hook.  Started 11/7/13, finished 11/13/13.  Measures 13 inches.  It's small compared to what I usually make, but I do like the daintiness of it.

Wishing everyone a happy weekend.  As for me...I'm battling a horrible cold!!


Monday, November 11, 2013

Winter wonderland Doily

Another doily that I found on the web and just fell in love with it.  It measures 17 inches across.  Started 10/29/2013; finished 11/6/2013.  Made with #20 Lizbeth thread using a #14 hook.

Thanks for stopping by...

PS--for those who have asked, the pattern can be found HERE


Saturday, November 09, 2013

Daffodil Tabletopper

The Daffodil Table Topper.  It really was a pleasure to make this one.  When I found the pattern on the web, I just knew I had to make it.  It has been some time since I've made anything in filet. Started 8/20/2013; finished 10/29/2013.  Measures 29 inches across.  Made with Lizbeth #20 thread using a #14 hook.  Five balls of thread used.

Thanks for stopping by...
Hope everyone is having a Blessed Day!


Sunday, November 03, 2013

Mantilla Doily and an update

This doily is a free pattern off  the web.  The pattern can be found here.  It was made with ThreadArt #10 thread using a #10 hook.  Started 10/6/2013; finished 10/16/2013.  Measures 15 1/2 inches. The thread color is actually a dark mocha.

NOW, for the update! 

The Daffodil Tabletopper is finished.  Started 8/20/2013 and finished 10/29/2013.  It's too large to block the entire piece at one time.  1/2 was blocked yesterday and the other 1/2 is on the blocking board this afternoon.  Here's a sneak preview of the one half that has been blocked after I took it off the board yesterday.  More pictures will be coming........

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope everyone is enjoying the cooler weather as we are here in South Georgia.  It's a nice change from the hot and humid days we were having.