Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! 

I made a small doily to celebrate the day.  I'm always concerned with red thread mixed with white in a doily.  I washed the hearts in a vinegar/water/salt solution and then rinsed and dried before incorporating them into the doily. 



I have another doily completed with the "heart" theme, but much larger.  We have been having some cloudy days....really need some good sunshine for a good picture.  Hope to post it later this week.  Hope everyone has a very special day!

2 comments:

byhooks4u said...

Very nice. I was looking all over for Valentine heart doily patterns..and you made some lovely ones. Very pretty, Happy Valentine

http://lucratoarea.blogspot.com/ said...

Superb executat .
Felicitari !
Beautifully executed!
Congratulations!