Friday, May 06, 2016

Retirement and a doily

Well, the day finally arrived!! April 29th was my last day of working, now moving on into retirement.  I have been in the workforce for over 50 years!  My 1st week of retirement was spent in just some "R&R", along with some cleaning out.  It's amazing what you can accumulate over the years that you really don't need and never use.  We have made two trips to Goodwill and there will be many more as I go from room to room, closet to closet, and drawer to drawer deciding what goes and what stays.

Now to get caught up with blocking and posting of doilies I've made over the last several months.   There was never enough time with holding down a full time job.

This doily was found on the internet and didn't have a name.   It was made with #20 thread using #11 hook, and measures 19 inches.  It was finished in November of last year.




Thanks for stopping by.....
LindaCrochets

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Such a beautiful doily! You know, I thought I would have lots of free time after retirement, but I find I'm busier than ever. Well done on the cleaning out. That was to be my winter project but health issues held me back. Well, there's always next winter because camping season is here and I don't want to stay home and clean!
Blessings,
Betsy

Anna said...

Lovely doily !!!
Enjoy your retirement !!! You deserve it !!!
Have fun !
Anna

Nieprujsietak said...

Przepiękna kartka.Wzór ciekawy.Pozdrawiam :)

Unknown said...

Just beautiful
___________
bloom tattoos